Candidate for U.S House of Representative for Michigan’s 5th Congressional District
I am an accomplished small business owner since 1997. A self-starter who has built and grown my business without any outside help. I have an electrical/electronics background for over 30 years which has evolved into computer technology and web site design mostly all self-taught. I have always believed that in order to succeed a person must be willing to do what it takes. I have been very active in servant and leadership roles in my church and community serving as Usher, Home Group Ministry Leader, Men’s Group Ministry Chair, City Wide Community Outreach Program, Building Maintenance and the IT Department. Until recently I headed a live and archive video streaming ministry of which I started which reaches people all over the world. I have a strong background in theology as well. Married since 1992 and father to 5 wonderful children ranging in age from 25 to 4. I believe our founding fathers had a great plan and we as a nation need to get back to our roots. Smaller government, lower taxes, real job growth, self-sufficiency and a focus on education reform for a better educated society. Open opportunities for job creation and a reformed simple tax code for bringing prosperity and jobs back to the U.S.
For some time now, I have been disillusioned by our government and how this country is being run. I believe that if this country continues on its current path, there will be an economic collapse followed by a social collapse. This is being exacerbated by many people in office and much of the mainstream media fueling the fires of racism and further dividing the economic classes, there is a very limited middle class anymore. If good people who have the nation’s best interest in mind don’t get elected, I believe this collapse will happen very soon. A thought came to me that there are two ways to look at this, either prepare for the worst or do something about it. Shortly after that I decided to run for political office. Researching the potential positions up for election, I feel that the 5th district is in great need of real change so I have decided to run for U.S House of Representatives in 2016. I believe the Constitution was written by brilliant men and it means as much today as it did when it was written. I am also a strong supporter of people’s 2nd Amendment rights and feel every citizen has the right to self-preservation and protection by use of the weapons of the times.
My Political Beliefs
1. I believe in limited government, there should be definite lines between state and federal government. The federal government has been doing what the states should be doing thus causing more problems and deficit spending. Our federal government thinks that the same shoe will fit everyone and too often they are over ruling states decisions. If the federal government wants to control it all, why do we even have state governments?
2. I believe in limited entitlements and those who can work should work. No government program has the ability to allow someone to prosper and was not intended to do so but to be used only as a short-term aid during times of hardship. People need to actively look for and accept any job available until something better comes along. I also support welfare to work legislation.
3. I believe that those who enter this country illegally should be not be given unconditional amnesty and if they wish to be a citizen, they should bring some skill with them and enter through the proper channels, no amnesty for illegals. They should also not be able to get tax breaks or special treatment. Anyone who commits a crime in the U.S. before becoming a citizen forfeits their ability to become a citizen.
4. I believe our military must have better funding; right now they are in very poor shape. Cutting more funding is a very dangerous proposition. A strong military should be one of the main focal points of our government to make sure this country will always remain free and continue to be the greatest nation on Earth.
5. I believe that any law passed by Congress, no public servant should ever be exempt from including the president. Term limits should be enacted for every branch of government including the SCOTUS.
6. Special interest groups have way too much influence in government and this needs to be limited or stopped. I believe that all men are created equal and that no group or race should have more say or power in government anymore that anyone else. No group should be able to trample on someone else’s right to get their way.
7. There should also be a better alternative to health care in this country. The ACA was not well planned and because of it costs is causing employers to cut hours or downsize as a result. It has cause many employers to create a 3 day work week in order to not be mandated to offer healthcare. I believe this should be done on a state level without mandates forcing someone to pay for services they will never use. Opening up access to insurance across state line will also drive down cost in the spirit of competition.
8. I feel that taxing the job creators to death will not bring in more revenue but cause companies to downsize or outsource to other countries to keep from hurting their bottom line. Revising our tax system to a more simpler lower tax burden and eliminating tax loopholes will be fair for all is a win-win situation for all. This will allow them to grow and create more jobs which translate to more taxpayers.
9. I believe our children are our future and a good education is a must. Education reform should be one of the top priorities we should deal with. More educational opportunities are a must. I believe there is room for both public and charter schools. Also, even though we want the best for our children, not everyone has the desire or the resources to go to college. That being said I think we need to bring back the industrial arts, home economics, and life skills programs back to our schools for those who wish to pursue these types of careers and help prepare them for life outside of their parent’s home. This would allow those who don’t have the desire or the means to go to college an opportunity to graduate high school with a better chance of getting a job other than minimum wage. It will also be a benefit for those areas that have been hit with job loss like Flint and Saginaw.
10. Being energy independent should be encouraged and this country has the ability to be much more self-reliant. We should be able to tap the resources that are available to us which are many, without all the restriction that are in place now. Our natural gas, oil, and coal supplies should be used to their full potential. Just about everything is dependent on fossil fuels and if we are able to lower the costs of fuel, everything else will drop in price as well causing inflation to go down or even reverse itself. I know this can’t be done overnight for many reasons but we should use what we have until technology has the ability to produce energy by other means.
I have many more opinions, much of which the many in the Democrats party would disagree with and if you want to know just ask, I have no problem talking about it.
To wrap things up, my goal is to run for the US House in Michigan’s 5th Congressional District in 2016. I believe this country was founded on the principle that an ordinary citizen should have an opportunity to make a difference if they choose to. I know there are many of you out there who feel the same and if you can help me in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.